SolutionsReimagine Your Museum
Museum Strategic Planning – Focused on agility and innovation
Goal- Create a 1-year and 5-year plan thatmaximizes each museum’s resources focusing on effective core business processes coupled with an agile culture that can quickly take advantage of market opportunities.
In today’s quickly shifting competitive landscape, museums that can ideate, test, and implement ideas effectively and quickly are the most sustainable. Highly agile museums that make the most of opportunities during these fast-moving times are structured for innovation.
- Culture driven by psychological safety that encourages dialogue at all levels.
- Diverse teams that understand that importance of core museum programming engines but are also collectively looking for opportunities to evolve.
- Leadership empowering an environment focused on learning, discussing, and failing forward.
- Metrics for analyzing progress and processes for effectively making adjustments.
Strategic Plan Elements
- Board executive and senior leadership meetings
- Team group discussion (sometimes a written team survey when applicable)
- SWOT analysis
- Visioning exercise with senior leadership
- Roadmap exercise breaking down 1, 2, an 3-year goals
- SMART Goals
- Annual Operating Plan
- Departmental Action Plan
Timetable– Typically 2 to 3 days at location followed work with museum leadership by Zoom and email. Ongoing consulting available.
Note– I conduct these exercises myself. Due to other professional commitments, I can only conduct a handful of strategic plans in 2022. If you would like to discuss, fill out the form below.
Marketing and Communication Plan Reboot
One day meeting with senior staff at facility discussing current communication and marketing strategy, goals, audiences, budget, and other important considerations. Our team will write a full marketing plan including content and narrative recommendations, marketing mix, partnerships, and implementation plan. Initial project concludes with written plan and meeting with team on implementation. If museum chooses to implement in-house, online advisory services are offered.
Ongoing Marketing and Communication Consulting
Our team will implement the marketing and communications strategy we helped plan with your museum as an outsourced marketing department including:
- Marketing material development
- Print advertisements
- Digital advertisements
- Digital Pay-per-click campaigns
- Social Media campaigns
- Press release creation and distribution
- General advisory and planning services
Reimagine Your Museum
Check out my latest article
What is True at Truist?
Note - Occasionally I write on topics unrelated to the museum sector. This is an article about banking and brand equity. One of an organizations most valuable assets is its brand equity. It takes years for a brand to build a level of trust, loyalty, and community...